Bearcats finish week on another high noteDEXTER — The Dexter Bearcats boys basketball team continued its memorable week after a win over No. 1 Charleston with a 72-46 beating of visiting Malden Friday night. Cole Nichols blasted the Malden defense to the tune of 32 points while Truman Krapf added 12...
TRC women win againHILLSBORO, Mo. — Maybe all it takes is an extra “a” in a name. The Three Rivers Raiders women’s basketball team defeated the Crowder College Lady Riders 75-60 Friday night at Jefferson College in another Region 16 challenge event. Three Rivers (8-1) won its second straight game behind a 42-21 first half burst and the play of Jenna McMillen (27 points, including seven three-pointers), Maiya Bergdorf (14 points, six rebounds) and Ari Winston (11 points)...
Dexter overcomes nine-point deficit to get past Lady MulesKENNETT — Two teams separated by 30 miles and a stretch of Highway 60 were thrown into their first contest of the girls basketball season Friday night. The Poplar Bluff Lady Mules and Dexter Bearcats met in the 2022 SEMO Conference Tournament consolation final and it, fittingly, came down to barely any distance between them...
Poplar Bluff senior brings strength, toughness to court (12/2/22)KENNETT – The Poplar Bluff High School girl’s basketball squad has methodically improved this season through each of its three games, culminating on Wednesday with a 40-34 win over Sikeston in the SEMO Conference Tournament consolation semifinal at Kennett.
Bloomfield girls look to build on streak-snapping victory (12/2/22)BLOOMFIELD — Admittedly, the history of Bloomfield girls basketball in recent years has not been synonymous with winning. According to the Missouri State High School Activities Association website, the Lady Wildcats had won only six total games from 2017 to 2022, which included the ominous two-year losing streak heading into this campaign...
New-look Lady Mules bring fresh faces to pool this season (12/2/22)The Poplar Bluff girls swimming and diving team opened up its newest campaign with a look that is just as fresh as the season just begun. Lady Mules head coach Beth Lewis watched as her girls won their opening triangular against Notre Dame and Saxony Lutheran Tuesday in Poplar Bluff and that was a welcome result for a coach looking at a rebooted set of faces hoping to push the program to another level...
Donettes win Lady Dawg Classic title; King breaks Ellington career scoring record (12/2/22)VAN BUREN — If the Doniphan Donettes can play a better half of basketball, one might want to call the WNBA and tell them these girls got next. Taking advantage of their physical superiority in terms of height and length, a devastating defensive presence and relentless attack on the offensive boards, the Donettes led by 27 points at halftime en route to a 53-35 win over host Van Buren in the championship of the Lady Dawg Classic...
Malden girls take down Puxico to earn first victory of season (12/2/22)PUXICO — The Malden Lady Wave girls basketball team defeated the Puxico Lady Indians 48-36 in a game in which the Lady Wave never trailed. Jada Townsend led the Lady Wave with 16 points, leading all other scorers in the game. Malden head coach Alexis Roberson was pleased with her team’s first win of the season...
Jordan Martinook has hat trick, Hurricanes beat Blues 6-4 (12/1/22)ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Jordan Martinook had a hat trick to help the Carolina Hurricanes beat the St. Louis Blues 6-4 on Thursday night. After a turnover, Martinook scored the winning goal with 4:35 left, beating goalie Jordan Binnington on a wrist shot. Martinook also scored in the second period and completed the hat trick with nine seconds left for his second career hat trick...
Wedgewood, Robertson lead Stars to 4-1 win over Blues (11/28/22)ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Scott Wedgewood made 23 saves in an unexpected start and Wyatt Johnston broke a scoreless tie with a second-period goal to lead the Dallas Stars over the St. Louis Blues 4-1 on Monday night. Jason Robertson, Ty Dellandrea and Miro Heiskanen also scored for Dallas, which has earned at least one point in eight of its last nine games...
Jordan Kyrou scores in OT, Blues rally to beat Panthers 5-4 (11/26/22)SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) -- Jordan Kyrou scored his second goal of the game at 1:08 of overtime to give the St. Louis Blues to a 5-4 victory over the Florida Panthers on Saturday night. St. Louis overcame a three-goal deficit in the third period, tying it on Vladimir Tarasenko's goal with 3:49 left. Brandon Saad and Ryan O'Reilly also scored and Thomas Greiss made 33 saves...
DAR Sport Topics audio
FROM THE AP WIRE
- Lawrence taking 2-shot lead into South African Open last day
- Rust issues? Deshaun Watson's long layoff could be factor
- Pitt defensive tackle Kancey to skip Panthers' bowl game
- Adam Scott, Jiyai Shin lead respective Australian Opens
- Remaining Free Agents
- Army hosts Wagner in cross-conference contest
- Marquette takes on Wisconsin following Prosper's 24-point game
- Oregon plays No. 21 UCLA following Dante's 22-point game
- La Salle visits Pennsylvania following Dingle's 28-point game
- UMBC plays Lehigh following Boonyasith's 24-point game
- North Dakota State plays Eastern Washington, aims to break road losing streak
- UMKC hosts Cole and Lindenwood
- Duquesne hosts Ball State following Grant's 26-point performance
- No. 11 Arkansas plays San Jose State after Council's 27-point game
- Oduro and George Mason host Toledo
- Neskovic and the Dartmouth Big Green take on Higgins and the CSU Bakersfield Roadrunners
- Cardet and Chicago State host Southern Indiana
- UCF hosts Samford after Dye's 23-point showing
- No. 25 Ohio State hosts Saint Francis (PA) following Key's 21-point game
- UNC Greensboro visits Elon after Mackinnon's 24-point game
- Northwestern State faces Southern Miss following Sharp's 34-point showing
- Memphis plays Ole Miss, looks for 4th straight win
- Tonje leads Colorado State against Northern Colorado after 23-point game
- Stute leads Vanderbilt against Wofford after 20-point showing
- Rutgers hosts No. 10 Indiana following Jackson-Davis' 21-point game
- UMass-Lowell River Hawks take on the Sacred Heart Pioneers, aim for 6th straight win
- Cleveland State hosts Detroit Mercy following Davis' 22-point game
- High Point Panthers play the North Florida Ospreys on 3-game win streak
- Northeastern take on Georgia State in non-conference action
- Cornell faces Lafayette, looks for 4th straight home win
- McGlockton leads Boston College against No. 17 Duke after 20-point game
- William & Mary takes on Richmond, aims for 4th straight home win
- Columbia Lions take on the New Hampshire Wildcats on 3-game losing streak
- Safford and Miami (OH) host Indiana State
- Florida Atlantic hosts Bates and Eastern Michigan
- Shelton leads Loyola Marymount (CA) against Nevada after 21-point game
- Green and Youngstown State host Wright State
- Born and Northern Iowa host Evansville
- Saint Peter's visits Fairfield for conference showdown
- Butler hosts Tennessee Tech following Bates' 22-point outing
- UT Martin faces UNC Asheville after Stewart's 34-point outing
- Wade and Longwood host Delaware State
- Old Dominion takes on Norfolk State, aims for 5th straight home win
- Boum and Xavier take on the West Virginia Mountaineers in non-conference play
- St. John's (NY) plays No. 23 Iowa State on 8-game win streak
- Brown leads Louisiana against New Orleans after 27-point performance
- Cent. Conn. St. faces Holy Cross on 4-game road slide
- Austin Peay takes on Tennessee State, seeks to break 3-game slide
- Western Carolina hosts South Carolina Upstate following Gainey's 26-point game
- Ballo and No. 4 Arizona host Cal