Chad McCoy Memorial scholarship awarded to first recipients (7/2/22)Chad McCoy first started playing golf at the age of 6 and could be found at Ozark Ridge Golf Course just about all the time, playing and working there as a teenager. When he died 10 days shy of his 33rd birthday in September 2020, McCoy’s family and friends started a memorial scholarship fund...
Hervoyavich's success hopes to grow local pickleball clubs (6/29/22)A local pickleball player is already having success despite only recently picking up the sport. Doniphan's Jason Hervoyavich won silver at the 2022 National Senior Games in May and he's hoping the sport will continue to grow in Southeast Missouri. "Pickleball is really picking up in the area around Doniphan and Poplar Bluff," Hervoyavich said. "I started playing two years ago and I was fortunate to qualify for the National Senior Games in Ft. Lauderdale in Florida."...
Roberts wins bull riding championship at College National Finals Rodeo (6/22/22)The 2021-22 athletics season for Three Rivers College officially wrapped up last week as the Raider rodeo team competed in the College National Finals Rodeo in Casper, Wyoming. The highlight of the week was Casey Roberts winning the 2022 National Championship in bull riding while fellow Raider Cole Skender placed in third...
Wiseman falls in final of MGA Jr. Match Play Championship (6/17/22)RICHMOND, Mo. — Alex Wiseman’s comeback in the championship match of the 22nd MGA Junior Match Play Championship on was derailed by the rules Thursday. Wiseman’s par putt on No. 14 at Shirkey Golf Course stopped on the edge of the hole after his opponent had already made par...
Yelder's jersey to be on display at Women's Basketball HOF (6/10/22)The accolades for the 2021-22 Three Rivers women’s basketball program keep on coming and Myia Yelder can now say that her name is in the Hall of Fame. The Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame in Knoxville, Tennessee announced that they will display Yelder’s Three Rivers jersey in the Ring of Honor from July 2022 to May, 2023...
Westwood Hills hosts Missouri Amateur Qualifier (6/9/22)1POPLAR BLUFF – Westwood Hills Country Club hosted the SEMO State Amateur Qualifier on Wednesday and eight golfers out of a field of 40 moved onto the Missouri Amateur Championship at Bellerive Country Club in St. Louis. One of those eight that qualified was former Poplar Bluff Mules golfer Alexander Wiseman, who had to go into a five-man playoff for one of the last three spots at 1-over-par. ...
Huntington Pool renovations alters Piranhas practice, meet schedule (6/8/22)The R.W. Huntington Municipal Pool in Poplar Bluff has been undergoing rennovations for this summer. The tentative reopening date is July 1. The pool is used by the Poplar Bluff Piranhas AAU swim team in the summer, but the squad has been forced to remain indoors in the pool at the Black Water Coliseum for practices and early season meets...
Kendrick signs with William Woods (6/8/22)Another member of the Three Rivers women's basketball program is making the climb up the college sports ladder as Kourtney Kendrick has signed on with in-state program William Woods University in Fulton to continue her career. "It's a little closer to home," said Kendrick, a native of nearby Boonville. "I just want to finish my basketball career and get a four year degree close to home."...
Class 4 Quarterfinals: Kennett vs. Affton
Class 2 Quarterfinal: Portageville vs. Greenville
Class 2 baseball sectional playoff: Greenville at Crystal City
C2 softball quarterfinal: Kennett vs. Clearwater
Track & Field: MSHSAA Class 5 District 1 meet
Golf: Poplar Bluff Invitational 2022
Girls soccer: Jackson at Poplar Bluff
OFC Softball Tournament First Round and Semifinals
Swanson's 3-run double helps Braves outlast Cardinals, 6-3 (7/5/22)ATLANTA (AP) -- Dansby Swanson hit a three-run double in a five-run second inning and the Atlanta Braves held off the St. Louis Cardinals 6-3 early Tuesday in a game delayed more than 2 1/2 hours by rain. St. Louis loaded the bases for a couple of big hitters in the ninth, but Will Smith struck out Nolan Arenado and retired Albert Pujols on a grounder back to the mound for his fifth save...
Wheeler, Hoskins, Realmuto lift Phillies over Cardinals 4-0 (7/3/22)PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Zack Wheeler threw seven shutout innings of four-hit ball and Rhys Hoskins and J.T. Realmuto slugged home runs as the Philadelphia Phillies beat the St. Louis Cardinals 4-0 Sunday night. The Phillies won two of three games in the series against a team they are chasing for a National League wild-card spot...
Arenado, Cards hit 4 straight HRs in 1st; late HR tops Phils (7/2/22)PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Nolan Arenado sparked a record barrage of four straight home runs by St. Louis in the first inning, then hit a tiebreaking drive in the ninth that sent the Cardinals over the Philadelphia Phillies 7-6 Saturday. With two outs in the first, Arenado, Nolan Gorman, Juan Yepez and Dylan Carson homered off Kyle Gibson. It was the first time in major league history a team connected for four homers in a row in the first inning...
Cardinals become 1st team to hit 4 HRs in row in 1st inning (7/2/22)PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- The St. Louis Cardinals became the first major league team to hit four straight home runs in the first inning when Nolan Arenado, Nolan Gorman, Juan Yepez and Dylan Carson connected against Philadelphia on Saturday. The Cardinals tied the MLB record for any inning with four in a row. It was the first time they had done it, and the 11th time overall in big league history...
Hall, Hoskins homer, lead Phillies past Arenado, Cardinals (7/1/22)PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Darick Hall's tiebreaking home run was his third homer since being called up, and Rhys Hoskins went deep to add an insurance run, leading the Philadelphia Phillies to a 5-3 win over Nolan Arenado and the St. Louis Cardinals on Friday night...
FROM THE AP WIRE
- LEADING OFF: Scherzer returns for Mets, Taillon on a roll
- Story's homer starts Red Sox in 4-0 win over Rays
- Dodgers beat Rockies 5-3 as Thompson's 3-run HR backs Urias
- Arraez gets 3 hits as Twins beat White Sox 6-3 in 10 innings
- Vogt hits home run, sacrifice fly as A's beat Blue Jays 5-1
- White Sox, MLB decide to play game after parade shooting
- A win on the 4th: USA Basketball pulls away, tops Cuba 87-64
- Rodriguez's HR, Raleigh's 4 RBIs carry M's past Padres 8-2
- Bowness happy to be second choice to coach competitive Jets
- Schoop has 6 hits in DH as Tigers sweep Guardians
- Nimmo, Lindor homer as first-place Mets beat Reds 7-4
- Bumgarner, Diamondbacks send Giants to 5th straight loss
- Caratini's HR in 10th gives Brewers 5-2 victory over Cubs
- Ogwumike scores 23, Sparks beat Mercury for 3rd straight win
- Alvarez's 9th-inning HR lifts Astros 7-6 win over Royals
- Braves have moment of silence in memory of announcer Motter
- Quieter, calmer Kyrgios in Wimbledon quarters years later
- Poulter, 2 others win court stay to play in Scottish Open
- Daughter of Blue Jays 1B coach died in Va. tubing accident
- Red Sox win 8th straight on Fourth of July, beat Rays 4-0
- O's beat Rangers 7-6 on a hit batter, 37-44 at midpoint
- Braves' Rosario returns from IL, starting against Cardinals
- Wimbledon updates | Gauff, Sock into mixed doubles semis
- Wimbledon lookahead: Djokovic, Jabeur play on Centre Court
- Everything clicking as Halep reaches Wimbledon quarterfinals
- Boston's Xander Bogaerts out for Monday's game vs Rays
- Nats' Soto says MRI showed no damage to injured left calf
- De La Cruz homers in 10th, Marlins beat Nationals again
- Column: Chaos inside Andretti Autosport as teammates fume
- Cubs activate OF Seiya Suzuki from IL for Brewers series
- Activists with Peng Shuai T-shirts searched at Wimbledon
- Kings run away in 4th, top Heat 81-64 at California Classic
- NHL Draft: The risk of attending and not getting selected
- Reddick's team confident after breakthrough Cup Series win
- This Date in Baseball
- Zelenskyy praises IOC for supporting bans on Russian sport
- Wimbledon appealing fine from women's tour over Russia ban
- Alcantara could deliver first Cy Young Award for Marlins
- LEADING OFF: Nats examine Soto, Bosox check Bogaerts
- McKenzie, pen combine on 1-hitter, Guardians beat Yanks 2-0
- Ganassi wins in Canada for 4th IMSA victory of season
- Thomas helps Sun rally from 17 down to beat Mystics in OT
- Dodgers catcher Barnes gets $7M, 2-year deal through '24
- Powers scores career-high 32 to help Lynx beat Aces 102-71
- Padres rally for 4 in 9th, beat Dodgers 4-2 to avoid sweep
- Sainz wins 1st career F1 race with British GP victory
- Wick's 2-run error in 11th gifts Red Sox 4-2 win over Cubs
- Reddick wins at Road America for 1st NASCAR Cup victory
- Giolito sharp as White Sox complete sweep of Giants 13-4
- Ogwumike scores 22 to help Sparks beat Liberty 84-74