Fire reports - Dec. 3

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

City firefighters responded at 3:06 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 2, to a shed fire at the 1611 N. 14th St. residence owned by Carol Shriber.

According to the report, firefighters found light smoke coming out of one side of a small shed and used 20 gallons of water to put out the fire.

The fire started on the ground near the outside of the shed and spread up the exterior wall into the eave. The fire was contained to the outside of the shed.

_

City firefighters were returning from another call at 9:16 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 2, when they saw smoke in the area of Cedar Street.

According to the report, firefighters found an unauthorized burn in the rear yard of the 821 Cedar St. residence, occupied by Bruce Rushing, and used 10 gallons of water to put out the fire.

Firefighters told Rushing about the city’s burn ordinance, including not burning unauthorized materials and after dark.

_

City firefighters responded at 8:52 p.m. Monday, Nov. 2, to a report of a smoke odor and power outage at the Black River Coliseum.

According to the report, the smoke was found to be coming from a Cedar Street location.

A city employee arrived, and it was determined the power outage was caused by someone accidentally turning off all the lights.

_