- Honk if you love Jesus
- Veteran groups honor those lost for Memorial Day
- Speaker: Area residents have always, and continue to, answer call to serve
- Moms Demand Action, SNAP plan event for gun-violence prevention
- Food truck, brew events planned at Van Buren
- PBRMC and SCCC partner for surgical tech program
- Class of 2023 inspires future graduates in visit to former elementary schools
Bicyclist injured in accident on Highway 53
A bicyclist injured in an accident Thursday afternoon was transported from the scene by Air Evac helicopter.
Poplar Bluff Police Officers and Firefighters responded at 5:48 p.m. to the accident on Highway 53 at County Road 307.
According the police accident report, the driver of a red 2022 Hyundai passenger vehicle said a bicyclist crossed the highway into the path of her car.
According to PBFD Capt. Justin D. Moyers, his crew responded to the area of Highways 53 and 142.
Moyers report said, “I observed a women on her back in the south lane of Highway 53. It appeared she been struck by a vehicle. Firefighter Tyler Daggett got the med bag while Lt. Travis Taylor rushed to the woman’s side to evaluate her. She was alert and talking so we put a bandage on her head and continued evaluating her until EMS arrived.”
The firefighters helped EMS prepare her for transport.