Free Access made possible by Ozark Federal Credit Union
Poplar Bluff City Meetings
The Poplar Bluff City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 18, in the council chambers, 301 S. Fifth St.
Workshop items include consideration of several items related to the Roxie Road bridge replacement project and the industrial infrastructure project; consideration of a grant application with the Economic Development Administration; and consideration of a grant application for the CDBG TRC stormwater project.
Action items on the agenda include:
• ordinances for administrative consultant amendments agreement and survey/geotechnical services for the Roxie Road bridge replacement project.
• ordinances for administrative consultant amendments agreement, engineering and inspection services and surveying services for the industrial infrastructure project.
• an ordinance on the purchase of playground equipment for Linc and Hillcrest parks.
• an ordinance authorizing the mayor to submit an EDA grant application.
• a resolution authorizing the mayor to submit an application for the CDBG TRC stormwater grant.
Following the open meeting, the council will meet in closed session to discuss items exempted from the open meetings law.
Municipal Utilities Board
The Municipal Utilities Advisory Board will meet at 3 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 18, at 1902 Sunset Drive.
The board will review the 2022 Southwestern Power Administration dues and an agreement between the city of Poplar Bluff and the Southwestern Power Administration. The board also will review the wastewater treatment plant upgrade project.
The Poplar Bluff Plumbing Board will meet at 5 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 20, in the city council chambers, 301 S. Fifth St.
The board will consider requests to take the journeyman’s and master plumber’s tests, among other business.
Board of Adjustment
The Poplar Bluff Board of Adjustment will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 20, in the city council chambers, 301 S. Fifth St.
The board will consider a request for a variance to install an electrical sign at 1619 N. Main St.
The Tree Advisory Board meeting scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 18, has been canceled. The next meeting will take place at 4 p.m. Feb. 15.
- Ellsinore man charged with child molestation
- Black named Neelyville superintendent
- One dies in Monday morning fire
- Area man sentenced for enticement of a child
- Greenville man seriously injured in crash
- Overdose Data to Action puts overdose prevention resources in community’s hands
- Williams credits faith for longevity