Get your content delivered! SIGN UP for TODAY'S NEWS! Emailed EVERY DAY at 7:00 AM CST
The regular meeting of the City Council of the City of Poplar Bluff will be held at 7 p.m. Monday, April 5, in the City Council Chambers, 301 S. Fifth St.
Workshop Items for Discussion:
The City Council will consider a request to destroy antiquated records retained by the Poplar Bluff Police Department as prescribed by the Missouri Secretary of State’s Records Retention Schedule. Move to April 19 voting session.
The City Council will consider a request for annexation of property located at 700 Shelby Road. Move to April 19 voting session.
Action Required Items to be considered:
• an ordinance regarding an easement to place a cathodic well at the intersection of Roxie Road and Shelby Road for Spire Missouri Inc.
• an ordinance authorizing the mayor to enter into a franchise agreement with Spire Missouri Inc. to operate a natural gas distribution plant and system within the City of Poplar Bluff.
• an ordinance adopting the Show-Me Clean Energy District program.
• an ordinance relative to the ownership of the Poplar Bluff Public Library building.
• a resolution regarding a bid for the sale of city property located near the Shelby and Roxie Road intersection.
• a closed meeting in which they will discuss such matters which are exempted under the open meetings law Section 610.021.1,RSMo, Section 610.021.2, RSMo, Section 610.021.3, RSMo, Section City Manager’s Report
Arts and Advisory
Arts and Advisory Board meeting will begin at 4:30 p.m. Thursday, April 8, at the Margaret Harwell Art Museum.
The board will review minutes, bills and deposits.
Committee reports will include acquisition, budget, building and grounds, development, exhibit review panel and personnel.
The president and director will give their reports. Old and new business will be discussed.
Poplar Bluff Building Standards board meeting and compliance hearing will be at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 8, at the City Council Chambers, 301 South Fifth St.
Downtown Poplar Bluff, Inc., will meet at 4 p.m. Tuesday, April 6, in the City Council Chamber, 301 South Fifth St.
Poplar Bluff Municipal Library District trustees will have a remote online meeting via Zoom platform at 4 p.m. Monday, April 5.
Join the meeting VIA PC: www.poplarbluff.org/zoom or call in phone number: 312-626 6799
The meeting ID: 986 8914 6324#, Password: 63901#
Remote public comment is also available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 4 p.m.
Any member of the Library Board of Trustees may disclose any possible conflict of interest dealing with either any item on the printed agenda or with any matter discussed at a previous meeting.
Among the new business is employees on leave without pay ineligible for holiday pay.
The Library Board of Trustees will conduct a closed meeting to discuss legal matters, real estate, and records which are protected from disclosure by law as exempted under the open meetings law as authorized by Sections 610.021.1, 610.021.2, and 610.021.14 RSMo.
Municipal Utilities Advisory Board will be at 3 p.m. Monday, April 5, at 1902 Sunset Drive.
Residential House board regularly-scheduled meeting for Thursday, April 8, has been canceled. The next meeting will be Thursday, May 13.