Get your content delivered! SIGN UP for TODAY'S NEWS! Emailed EVERY DAY at 7:00 AM CST
Dexter teen killed in first Troop E fatal traffic accident of 2021
A Dexter teen was the first traffic fatality in Troop E in 2021.
The teen was killed Friday evening in a one vehicle accident on County Road 651, five miles southwest of Dexter.
Brett M. Warren, 17, was a passenger in a southbound 1999 Jeep Cherokee. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 7:09 p.m. by Stoddard County Coroner Brent Stidham.
The accident occurred shortly before 6 p.m., according to the report from the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Authorities said the vehicle ran off the left side of the roadway and the driver, a 16 year-old juvenile, overcorrected and the vehicle overturned.
The driver and a passenger, Matthew A. Dowdy 17, of Dexter, received moderate injuries.
They were transported by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau for treatment.
- UPDATE, FREE ACCESS: Registration opens today for Jan. 22 mass vaccination event
- Driver exams get new home
- Science has now given us a very powerful tool to stop this tragic loss of life
- Families say former Butler County coroner left them in lurch
- Emergency crews on scene of two-vehicle accident in Poplar Bluff
- Faith-led group feeds NV students
- Weatherization help available through SCMCAA