Fire Reports -- Sept. 11
Poplar Bluff firefighters responded to 1111 Nooney St., at 1:17 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 10, to an unauthorized burn.
According to the report, Poplar Bluff police officers were on the scene. The house was condemned, but three people were there. The coating was being burned off wire. Firefighters used 15 gallons of water to put out the fire. The wire was taken to be disposed of, according to reports. PBFD left the scene at 1:51 p.m.
Get your content delivered! SIGN UP for TODAY'S NEWS! Emailed EVERY DAY at 7:00 AM CST
City firefighters responded at 7:05 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 10, to assist loading a patient into a private vehicle for transport. They cleared the scene at 7:19 p.m.
City firefighters responded at 7:47 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 10, to 1804 Thomas St. to a possible electrical fire in the wall.
According to the report, the resident said the outlet was black and she could smell something burning. A thermal camera and electrical tester were used to determine there was a possible short circuit in the wall outlet. The circuit breaker was turned off and the thermal imaging was used until the area cooled to below 100 degrees. The occupant was advised to contact an electrician before turning the circuit on. Firefighters cleared the scene at 8:13 p.m.
City firefighters responded at 2.34 a.m. Friday, Sept. 11, to the 2000 block of South Broadway to find a gas power scooter on fire. They extinguished the fire which was of undetermined origins. Martinís Wrecker Service removed the scooter and firefighters left the scene at 2:54 a.m.
County firefighters responded at 9.51 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 10, to 3094 Elaine Avenue Apt. 1, to a stove top fire which was out upon arrival. Firefighters set up fans to clear smoke. The owner is Cindy Dunlap and the occupant is Sandy Phillips.