First COVID-19 related death announced in Ripley County
Ripley County Health Center director Jan Morrow and coroner Mike Jackson are saddened to announce the death of a Ripley Couny resident who suffered from COVID-19 among other underlying conditions.
The announcement was made early Thursday morning.
“We extend our condolences and keep this person’s loved ones in our thoughts and prayers,” Morrow and Jackson said in a press release.
No other information about the case was released.
Get your content delivered! SIGN UP for TODAY'S NEWS! Emailed EVERY DAY at 7:00 AM CST
At this time, Ripley County has 91 cases that have recovered, 31 cases in quarantine and now one death.
“Our community is reminded that everyone has a responsibility to help keep people around them safe,” Morrow said. “Please continue practicing social distancing, wearing a mask, washing your hands well and often, and staying home if you experience any symptoms.”
- Body identified, autopsy reveals shot multiple times
- Former PB church official faces porn charge
- Death being investigated as homicide in Butler County
- Volunteers make quick work of privacy fencing
- PB woman, foster daughter stabbed
- R-I to mandate staff wear masks
- Neelyville Schools seeing additional funding, resources