UPDATED: Police investigate Tuesday death as possible homicide
Local authorities are investigating a possible homicide, which occurred Tuesday afternoon in south Poplar Bluff.
The investigation into a “possible homicide (involves) a family member, who is the suspect and is in custody,” said Poplar Bluff Police Chief Danny Whiteley.
The victim has not been identified at this time.
Authorities learned of the incident when police “dispatch received a phone call at 2:20” p.m., said Whiteley.
Get your content delivered! SIGN UP for TODAY'S NEWS! Emailed EVERY DAY at 7:00 AM CST
Officers were dispatched two minutes later, Whiteley said, with initial officers arriving two minutes after that at the scene in the 1500 block of Vincent Street.
Crime scene tape was seen stretching across the driveway and front yard of the ranch-style house Tuesday afternoon.
As police Patrolman Cody Trout recorded anyone entering the scene, Detective Corey Mitchell took photographs of the carport area of the home and Detective Joey Woodruff collected evidence.
Further details were not available as of press time.
- Body identified, autopsy reveals shot multiple times
- Death being investigated as homicide in Butler County
- R-I to mandate staff wear masks
- Former PB church official faces porn charge
- Neelyville Schools seeing additional funding, resources
- Williamsville man ends federal trial with guilty plea
- PB woman, foster daughter stabbed