Area restaurants hiring 1,650 new employees from local communities
Local area McDonald’s restaurants will hire approximately 1,650 new employees in surrounding communities over the next few weeks.
Get your content delivered! SIGN UP for TODAY'S NEWS! Emailed EVERY DAY at 7:00 AM CST
McDonald’s employees are eligible for the Archways to Opportunity program after 90 days and 15 hours a week. Employees have the chance to earn a high school diploma, receive $2,500 in upfront college tuition assistance, access to career advising services and the opportunity to learn English as a second language. Qualifying employees may also be eligible for free tuition to participating educational partners. In 2019 alone, McDonald’s restaurants in the area contributed around $560,000 in tuition assistance dollars to 280 employees.
Local McDonald’s owner/operators have put procedures in place for contactless ways to apply including online and text message options along with paper applications available in the drive-thru. Restaurants are also offering virtual interviews and socially distant options for onboarding new crew members.
- Body identified, autopsy reveals shot multiple times
- Former PB church official faces porn charge
- Death being investigated as homicide in Butler County
- Volunteers make quick work of privacy fencing
- R-I to mandate staff wear masks
- John J. Pershing VA Medical Center to host drive-thru flu shot clinic
- PB woman, foster daughter stabbed