Fire reports - Jan. 9
City firefighters responded at 6:39 a.m. Monday, Jan. 6, to a motor-vehicle crash at the intersection of Second and Pine streets.
According to the report, firefighters checked for injuries and provided first aid. Firefighters remained on the scene until the vehicles were removed.
City firefighters responded 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 8, to a report of an unauthorized burn at the 1901 Woodrow St. residence owned by Shawn Vantrease.
According to the report, firefighters found a small unauthorized burn and told Vantrease about the cityís burn ordinance. Vantrease put out the fire.
City firefighters responded at 9:51 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 8, to Kraft, Miles & Tatum, 1650 W. Harper St.
According to the report, an exterior electrical outlet shorted out, causing smoke, as the building was being power washed.
Firefighters reportedly used the departmentís thermal imaging camera to check the outlet, the interior wall and electric panel. There was a noticeable smell of overheating wires in the interior of the building, but no excessive heat was found.
Firefighters told employees to have an electrician check the outlet before it was reset.
City firefighters responded at 6:34 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 8, to a report of an unauthorized burn at 618 Cedar St.
According to the report, firefighters found the property owner burning a small brush pile in the back yard. The fire was authorized per city regulations.