Police reports Aug. 24MISSOURI STATE HIGHWAY PATROL Joseph E. Henson, 25, of Poplar Bluff was arrested at 5:25 p.m. Friday, Aug. 23, on a felony warrant for a parole violation and suspicion of no seatbelt. He was booked at Ripley County Jail. _ Jacob B. Samons, 24, of Doniphan was arrested at 9:09 p.m. Friday, Aug. 23, on suspicion of driving while intoxicated (alcohol); no insurance; and no registration. He was booked at Ripley County jail...
Farmer hopes to cash in on new crop of peanutsBROSELEY — Lee Lewis has been farming in eastern Butler County his entire life, carrying on a tradition at Gator Hole Farms his grandfather started more than seven decades ago.
Difference Makers: An event that finds the good in the areaFor many of the people who came out Thursday to honor the first group of Difference Maker finalists, it was about recognizing those who do not seek that recognition.
R-I approves 2019 property tax rateThe Poplar Bluff R-I school board approved a change to the tax levy at it’s monthly meeting Thursday night.
Poplar Bluff man charged with murder in girlfriend's deathA Poplar Bluff man was arrested Friday afternoon after his recent indictment on charges in connection with the shooting death of his girlfriend. Michael Joseph Choate was arrested without incident at about 3:45 p.m., Butler County Sheriff Mark Dobbs said...
Poplar Bluff woman arrested for stabbing boyfriend**UPDATED 3:11 p.m.** A Poplar Bluff woman may face charges after she allegedly stabbed her boyfriend Thursday night when she “figured out” he was leaving her for good. Arrested was Annette Sue Russell. She was charged Friday with two Class B felonies of first-degree assault, two unclassified felonies of armed criminal action and the Class E felony of unlawful use of a weapon.
Shrum and Mullins family reunion set for Sept. 1The annual Shrum and Mullins family reunion is set for Sunday, Sept. 1 at Old Greenville recreation area site #10. Potluck dinner will begin around 1 p.m.. For more information contact Chris Shrum at 573-785-0407.
- Dexter football searching for the right combination of players (8/24/19)SIKESTON — The Dexter football team is a work in progress. The Bearcats return only four starters from last season and two of them started on offense and defense. With so many new faces on the field, Dexter head coach Aaron Pixley was looking for two things in Friday night’s jamboree at Sikeston Public Schools Stadium — aggression and physicality...
- Dexter football searching for the right combination of players (8/24/19)
- Poplar Bluff football looks to pick up the pace (8/23/19)
- Poplar Bluff's Cole Laws celebrates birthday with football jamboree (8/23/19)
- Dexter football stays in same district; Bloomfield volleyball drops to Class 1 (8/23/19)
- Poplar Bluff softball seeks winning combination with young roster (8/23/19)
- Poplar Bluff running backs to audition during jamboree (8/22/19)
In Your Community
- The nation should see itself reflected in Butler County’s medical problems
- Gratitude, a quality of being thankful
- How to turn the other cheek
- Thank you to everyone who helped Carter County on Friday
- OUR VIEW: What kind of example will we be to our children?
- Bloom where you are planted
- A group with the heart to create change, does
- Missourians will need REAL IDs for flights starting Oct. 1, 2020
Yewell LawrenceDEXTER — Yewell G. Lawrence, 87, of Naples, Florida, formerly of Bloomfield, died Sunday, Aug. 18,...
Helen Ray JordanHelen Kay Jordan, 69, of Poplar Bluff, died Wednesday, Aug. 23, 2019 at Westwood Hills Health Care...
Kimberly Ann JohnsonKimberly Ann Johnson, 57, of Poplar Bluff, died Friday, Aug. 23, 2019 at her residence. ...
Shirley Ruth TateDEXTER — Shirley Ruth Tate, 82, of Kansas City, Mo., died Aug. 21, 2019 at the Kansas City Hospice...
Latricia Ann GriffinLatricia Ann Griffin, “Mz. Purple” 44, of Mesa, Ariz., died Aug. 16, 2019 at her home in Mesa, Ariz...
Wayne BellDONIPHAN — Wayne Bell, 75, formerly of the Doniphan and Naylor areas, died Sunday, Aug. 18, 2019,...
Notice LindsayIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT, BUTLER...
Notice SpainIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT, BUTLER...
Trustee SullivanTRUSTEE’S SALE IN RE: Kenny D. Sullivan, and...
Trustee TubbsTRUSTEE’S SALE IN RE: Shawn Tubbs, Billy W Tubbs,...
Name Change ThurnerIN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF BUTLER COUNTY MISSOURI In...
Notice Brooks JXBIN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF BUTLER COUNTY, MISSOURI...
Notice BlackburnIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT, BUTLER...
Trustee LewisTRUSTEE’S SALE IN RE: Bennie Ray Lewis Kimberly...
BicyclesHealth Master 170 Road Master Pedal exercise bike, $22.50. Call 573-429-5571
Lawn & Garden Equipment30" axle with 10" wheels for small cart. $9 (573)429-5571
Lawn & Garden EquipmentToro curved shaft weed eater with leaf blower $29 (573)429-5571
Family PeddlerNew 6" round furnace duck booster. $10 (573)429-5571
Auto & Truck PartsSet of 6 fender fairing for old Jeep CJ Wrangler $24 (573)429-5571
Books, Albums & Videos200 Books (Fiction, Non-Fiction, & How To) $49 (573)714-8685
- Poplar Bluff woman arrested for stabbing boyfriend
- Search for Naylor toddler ends tragically
- The body of a Dexter woman was found Tuesday morning in a submerged car in the St. Francis River
- Puxico marks 73 years of homecoming
- Difference Maker of the Year: Becky Winters ‘I promise you, without fail, that the blessings that you offer will come back to you…’