Two arrested for felony possession of methTwo area residents were arrested over the weekend for felony drug possession. Both were booked at Butler County jail. Tammy L. Richardson, 50, of Doniphan was arrested at 5:39 p.m. Friday, Sept. 20, on suspicion of felony possession of methamphetamine and unlawful use of drug paraphernalia...
Poplar Bluff man seriously injured in Saturday evening accidentA Poplar Bluff man was seriously injured after his vehicle struck a tree Saturday evening. According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Nick L. Searcy was eastbound just after 6 p.m. Saturday on County Road 448, four miles west of Poplar Bluff, when the accident occurred...
Poplar Bluff Animal Control dog and cat of the weekThe Poplar Bluff Animal Control shelter is located on Butler Street and is open for adoptions from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. For more information call 573-686-8635.
Brannum named 2019 Butler County Democrat of YearThelma Brannum was named Democrat of the Year for 2019 on Saturday at the annual Butler County Truman Day Rally. Brannum is president of the Butler County Women’s Democratic Club and co-chair of the 33rd annual Truman Day Rally, which was held at the Holiday Inn ballroom...
Two PBHS students turned over to juvenile officials after ‘scuffle’ FridayTwo Poplar Bluff High School students were taken into custody and turned over to juvenile authorities after what School Resource Officer Richard Knapp called “just a little scuffle” that occurred Friday morning. The incident took place on campus and no injuries were reported. Further details could not be released as juveniles were involved, Knapp said. Due to federal regulations regarding student privacy and records, officials with the school district said they could not provide comment on any individual incidents.
Visitors enjoy music, family friendly fun Saturday at Old Greenville Days, events continue SaturdayThe 28th Annual Old Greenville Days kicked off Saturday with music and family-friendly activities at the former town site. Music will continue until 6 p.m. tonight. A special church service will be held at 8:45 a.m. Sunday at the Courthouse Mound, before another day of fun, food and crafts...
Area program receives state award in effort to prepare youth for higher educationA program that helps prepare area students for college has been recognized with a state award. The Boys and Girls Club of Poplar Bluff has received the 2019 Missouri Alliance Area Council Award for Outstanding Program. The award was given Sept. 18 at the Boys and Girls Club Annual Hall of Fame Banquet in Springfield, Missouri...
When an area woman had serious pregnancy complications, doctors said termination was an option. Mighty, miracle Max is now 7 months old and homeMax Ernest is a fighter. At 7 months old, he has already earned a nickname - Mighty Max. But, his family, friends and medical team describe him as a miracle. Parents Jessica and Mykel Ernest of Poplar Bluff, and his older brother Jack Ernest, 13, originally planned to welcome him June 8, but Max had other plans...
Family PeddlerDining room set, large table w/2 leaves, 6 chairs, beautiful china cabinet, light walnut, $1500, 870-565-8335, 870-565-8334
Mobile Home Rental75 Racket Lane, Wappapello. 2 BR/1 Ba Mobile home/nice. $500 monthly/deposit. Credit & references required. (573)714-5505
Family PeddlerCamera Tripod, includes level. $15 (573)785-0013
EmploymentIn search of a dependable and trustworthy automotive/motorcycle technician to assist with mechanics and assembly of our Challenger V8 trikes. Position requires tech to have their own personal hand tools. Competitive pay for qualified candidates. Please email resume to email@example.com
- Poplar Bluff football keeps Ritenour scoreless in 2nd half in win (9/20/19)In a game initially delayed due to weather, Poplar Bluff trailed Ritenour 34-27 at halftime, but was able to score late into the third quarter and hold on to win 43-34 Friday in St. Louis. After trading turnovers to start the second half, Austin Tinsley ran for 50 yards and Kannon Carr ran another six for the touchdown. Tinsley also converted the two-point try to cut Ritenour’s lead to just a point at the end of the third quarter...
- STATESMAN ROUNDUP: Dexter's Nea wins second straight race, takes Cape Central title; teammate Dorton places ninth in boys division (9/21/19)
- Poplar Bluff football keeps Ritenour scoreless in 2nd half in win (9/20/19)
- Young Bernie baseball team falls victim to veteran Campbell's late-inning offensive barrage (9/20/19)
- STATESMAN ROUNDUP: Bloomfield baseball rallies from 5-0 deficit with six-run rally in seventh inning; Bernie volleyball wins (9/20/19)
- Poplar Bluff soccer team chases Tigers in home loss (9/20/19)
- Poplar Bluff swim team lowers time in relay; Vaughn wins race (9/20/19)
In Your Community
- Steve Breen Sept. 19
- Government needs public participation to work; Stop playing armchair quarterback and join the game
- Meet a Teacher: Candace Hecker
- Commas Matter
- Living in less and wanting it all
- Religious activities Sept. 20
- Red flag laws are a giant red flag
- Medicaid Expansion needed for families
Clarence CagleClarence Junior Cagle, 81, of Georgetown, Texas, died Thursday, Sept. 19, 2019, at his residence....
Donald Sheehy Sr.Donald Ray Sheehy Sr., 88, of Poplar Bluff, died Thursday, Sept. 19, 2019 at John J. Pershing VA...
Linda BuhlerLinda Buhler, 69, of Poplar Bluff died Sept. 19, 2019 at her home. There will be a memorial...
Clifford Allen GordonBROSELEY — Clifford Allen Gordon, 57, of Broseley, died Sept. 19, 2019. A celebration of life...
I.D. HillNEELYVILLE — On Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019, I.D. Hill passed away at The Fremont Assisted Living in...
Gloria J. FarrellPIEDMONT — Gloria J. Farrell, 79, of Piedmont, died Wednesday, Sept. 18 at the Clark’s Mountain...
Notice IceIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT, BUTLER...
Notice VegaIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT, BUTLER...
Notice McClanahanIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT, BUTLER...
Notice Missey & Honin the 36th judicial circuit court, butler,...
Notice ASH HutchisonIN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF BUTLER COUNTY, MISSOURI...
Notice CzweronkaIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT, BUTLER...
Notice JMRIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT, BUTLER...
Trustee Brevity EntNOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE For default in the...
- Poplar Bluff council members change position, say city hall should stay downtown
- Charges dismissed against Williamsville man
- Camper overturned on Highway 53
- Citizens speak out against moving town hall to Shelby Road
- When an area woman had serious pregnancy complications, doctors said termination was an option. Mighty, miracle Max is now 7 months old and home
Latest State & Nation News