- The power of online presence (6/3/23)
- A Legacy of Love: The gift of life lives on through organ donation (5/13/23)
- We have a youth mental health crisis (5/6/23)
- The heartbeat of a community — local newspapers, journalism (4/22/23)
- Step out of your comfort zone (4/8/23)
- Poplar Bluff needs family shelter (4/1/23)
- A young person still resides here (3/18/23)
McCain instills hope in area youth
I have had the privilege of meeting RT McCain through the many interviews I have done during my time with the newspaper.
McCain has a uniquely positive attitude, combined with a tremendous amount of compassion and understanding for the students he mentors.
During our interviews, he has expressed his ambition to help lead students, as well as other local kids in need, not only through his position as a teacher at Mark Twain School but also through his mentorship program W.E. (Without Excuse) which he is currently in the process of implementing.
It is not hard to see why young people have faith and trust in him. McCain is aware that many of his students just need to feel someone cares. He is determined to help keep kids on the right path and I commend him for his efforts. I truly believe it takes a village and McCain is taking the necessary steps to coordinate that village. I for one am grateful for the job he does and the kind soul he is. The world needs more people like McCain who care enough to take action.
Misty DeJournett is a staff writer at the Daily American Republic.
Posting a comment requires free registration:
- If you already have an account, follow this link to login
- Otherwise, follow this link to register